The below chart represents the placement statistics of SNIST from the year 2014 to 2020
The key takeaways from the data are as follows:
- Placements over the last 7 years have been growing consistently with an average growth rate of 42.9%.
- Even in times of recession caused by Lehman effect (2013, 2014, and 2015), SNIST maintained a strong recruitment rate of 593/year. (Recession caused in 2008 in USA but India worst affected in 2013 to 2915 according to Economic Times). Reference(https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/indicators/the-lehman-effect-how-the-world-in-2008-impacts-india-in-2013/articleshow/22589378.cms?from=mdr).
- Wipro, Cognizant, and Infosys consistently hired form SNIST in the last 10 consecutive years.
- Accenture is the biggest recruiter for SNIST since 2017 with an average of 395 recruitments/ year.
- Every year, new companies are visiting SNIST including the ones which are latest in innovation and market disruption. Ex: Uber - India visited SNIST in 2017 as soon as it became popular in India in 2016. Amazon visited SNIST in 2014 in the similar way. This bears testimony to the fact that SNIST is of high perference for both well established and upcoming MNCs.