To emerge as a premier Centre in Biotechnology with scientific pursuits and focusing on human values & professional ethics.
Imparting knowledge of the fundamentals of Engineering, Science and Technology in students by providing good academic environment to pursue undergraduate, Post graduate and Doctoral programmes in Biotechnology for a successful professional career.
Developing liaison with Academia, R & D institutions and Biotechnology Industry for exposure in practical aspects in engineering and solution of the industry oriented and societal problems, entrepreneurial pursuit and project management.
Inculcating interpersonal skills, team work, professional ethics, IPR and regulatory issues in students to improve their employability in changing global environment.
Promoting strong research culture in students for life – long learning.
Dr.Krovvidi.S R SivaSai
HOD, Bio Tech. Dept.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO's):
- Graduates will have a strong foundation in fundamentals of mathematics, physical and biological sciences, Engineering sciences, to solve problems in health care, environment, Bioprocess Engineering and food security and successfully pursue higher studies
- Graduates will have successful professional career by demonstrating good scientific and engineering breadth to comprehend the problems, conduct experiments, analyze the results and design novel products and solutions to the real life problems, promote entrepreneurship and skills in project and finance management
- Graduates will be trained in biosafety, regulatory and Intellectual Property related issues in broader social context and sustainable development, Professional ethics, communication skills, team work skills, leadership and multidisciplinary approach
- Graduates will be motivated to achieve academic excellence and pursue research to develop life – long learning in a world of constantly evolving technology
After completion of the program of study of B. Tech in Biotechnology, every
- Graduate will demonstrate knowledge in fundamentals of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve problems in key areas of Biotechnology – bioprocess engineering, plant biotechnology, medical biotechnology and environmental biotechnology.
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design and conduct experiment, analyze and interpret data in biotechnology.
- Graduate will demonstrate ability in conducting investigations to solve problems using research based knowledge and methods to provide logical conclusions
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering and IT tools , softwares and equipment to analyze the problems in biotechnology
- Graduate will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society to assess health, safety, legal , and social issues in biotechnology
- Graduate will demonstrate the impact of professional engineering solutions in environmental context and to be able to respond effectively to the needs of sustainable development
- Graduate will demonstrate the knowledge of Professional and ethical responsibilities
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member/leader in multidisciplinary areas
- Graduate will be able to critique, writing samples (abstract, executive summary, project report), and oral presentations.
- Graduate will demonstrate knowledge of management principles and apply these to financial and project management in multidisciplinary environments.
- Graduate will recognize the need of self education and ability to engage in life - long learning
Eminent Professor's of Bio Technology Department